Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats remove the traditional boundaries of hotels allowing our guests to more deeply connect with the outdoors without sacrificing any luxuries.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, fast growth hospitality company that concepts and operates asset-light, moveable hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our luxury retreats are designed to create amazing guest experiences, with an emphasis on thoughtful design, inspiring decor, once-in-a-lifetime food, curated local activities, and luxurious amenities. We're changing the travel industry by giving guests authentic, local experiences paired with elevated service that you would find in a 5-star hotel.
We are seeking a Digital and Social Marketing Manager to oversee our marketing content across all of our online channels including website, social media, and email, and to lead community engagement for the Collective Retreats brand and individual locations. The ideal candidate must be dynamic and have the skills and talent to help position Collective Retreats as the most exceptional way to travel for a new generation of customers seeking a meaningful connection to the outdoors, with other guests, and to the iconic locations we operate.
The ideal candidate is highly empathetic, creative, self-driven, ambitious, tech-savvy, and builds a deep understanding of the Collective Retreats brand and customer. Must have an excellent ability to select and manage various social marketing channels, images and videos, and be a strong copywriter. Specifically, she / he should be experienced in communications, PR, social media, events, content creation, and partnership marketing. Additionally, she / he must have past experience in travel marketing and community management for a socially conscious brand in order to drive customer engagement.
Power-user level capabilities in social media, e-mail, and other customer management platforms and performance reporting skills, are also required. This role is a true combination of vision / strategy / creative and “rolling up sleeves” to deploy tactical execution against the strategy. The Digital and Social Marketing Manager will report to the President, but will also be responsible for working with other stakeholders including all members of the marketing team, operations team, and the SVP of Design, Creative, and Experience, on a regular basis. She / He must be excellent at communication and satisfying the needs of several internal teams and leaders.
Demonstrated leadership and goal achievement in both hotel or travel marketing and high-growth, early-stage companies is needed for this role. The ideal candidate will have excitement for creating innovative and effective strategies for a rapidly growing, disruptive travel product. She / he is highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel, our brand and what we’re building.
A review of a current portfolio of community content accomplishments in addition to a copywriting test and social media campaign samples suggested for the Collective Retreats brand will be a required component of the interview and candidacy process for this position.
- Set, plan and implement social media, website, email, and communication campaigns and strategies
- Develop a content marketing plan and editorial calendar for the website, PR, and social channels
- Develop key marketing partnerships to support content and promotional opportunities.
- Work closely with digital agency to ensure content remains on brand, fresh and relevant.
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for all online channels.
- Respond to customers when needed in a timely manner, working closely with our reservations and concierge team (customer service)
- Monitor, track and report on digital email, and social media channels as well as TripAdvisor, Google, and other online reviews
- Organize and manage media and customer events to boost brand awareness
- Coordinate messaging with Marketing, PR and Communications teams
- Liaise with Development and Sales teams
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists and manage our PR agency to ensure accurate brand representation.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Create engaging and shareable content for internal channels, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, monthly newsletters and/or promotional videos.
- Provide community feedback to the leadership, GMs, and stakeholders.
- Monitor all campaigns performance across all channels and analyze web traffic and results and prepare reports showing results and production against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Find new marketing and outreach opportunities to push brand image and products.
- Participate in social events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building, the brand, and creating a truly unique guest experience.
- 5+ years previous experience in digital, community management, and social media in luxury travel company.
- Proven work experience as a digital content manager or similar role
- Experience planning and leading social and community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant KPIs and interpret website traffic
- Adaptive visual content creation skills including a demonstrated ability to photograph, film, edit, photoshop and create graphics
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Hands on experience with social media management and strong knowledge of online marketing
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BS degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or relevant field
- Desire to travel
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a base salary range of $55k-$70k
- Healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations and employee free and discounted nights