We are seeking a Regional Sales & Marketing Manager to manage local sales and marketing activities and planning at our flagship retreat located on Governors Island in New York City. This will include building a marketing plan for the retreat, creating and managing local partnerships and sales, supporting group sales, developing promotional packages for leisure and groups, pricing strategies, creating exciting new programming such as yoga, wellness, beverage tastings…), building sponsorships, managing retreat public relations, creating special events, marketing food and drink packages, and more. This person will work closely with the retreat operations team and the broader Collective Retreats operations and marketing team to grow our brand.
The ideal candidate is experienced in hospitality and all aspects of sales and marketing, including: revenue generation, key account management, and execution of sales and marketing plans starting with the Governors Island retreat. This person must also be highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and the outdoors.
Transforming Hospitality by Connecting People and Place
Our mission is to revolutionize global travel through a collection of dynamic destination Retreats, authentic luxury service, and enriching experiences that connect person, community, and environment. With elevated culinary experiences, elegant design and nimble, luxury accommodations in unexpected places, where traditional hotels simply cannot exist, Collective Retreats is a leader in the rapidly evolving outdoor hospitality space.
Since 2014, Collective Retreats, has operated some of the most talked about lodging experiences in the United States garnering over 20 billion media impressions in less than 3 years. With locations on Governors Island- Just 7 minutes off the tip of Manhattan staring at the Statue of Liberty, Hill Country Texas, Vail Colorado, and Yellowstone Montana, the Collective experience connects its guests to nature in an exciting new way.
A proven draw for travelers seeking experiences, spectacular receptions, corporate gatherings, and unforgettable vacations, Collective is poised to grow our reputation in a significant way, opening more retreats in 2020. One of the keys to our success and growth is the development of a strong local sales and field marketing effort at each of our retreats.
Our Collective Good: We are inextricably tied to each other and this place we call home. Together we strive to have our guests leave our retreats feeling truly connected to and responsible for the destination they visited.
The Regional Sales & Marketing Manager position will be responsible for driving revenue and awareness for Collective Governors Island by overseeing and future regional retreats. This position will report the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with key accounts, partnerships, the Governor’s Island Trust, the property General Manager/operations teams, and marketing agencies.
- Build sales and marketing plans for Collective Governors Island and other future assigned retreats
- Develop new programs, offerings, promotions and packages, to create a truly unique Collective experience.
- Establish and manage local marketing partnerships and strategic alliances in the Tri-State area to drive new customers and reinforce the brand.
- Work with our digital marketing team to identify cost effective online media to support revenue growth at the retreat.
- Identify new non-traditional channels to reach new customers and increase revenue.
- Adopt a test and learn approach to building new lines of business.
- Work with Collective Denver team to build customer loyalty and retention initiatives.
- Establish pricing strategies working closely with the retreat GM and Denver operations team.
- Work with Collective’s PR and social agencies to tell our story, launch and manage public relations campaigns, gain media exposure, and build a strong social media presence.
- Review and provide direction on all website content, printed, and digital materials to bring the Governors Island brand experience to life before, during, and after guest’s stay.
- Conduct outreach to local businesses to identify corporate groups looking for an exciting new type of meeting destination. Manage site visits working with group sales office and rep firms.
- Analyze revenue and promotion statistics to refine
- Create events with local businesses to further attract and obtain customers on the retreat level and drive awareness.
- Work closely with the operations department and events department to ensure strong delivery and servicing of all sales, partnerships and campaigns.
- Ensure all due dates/deadlines are met and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A true passion for hospitality and the outdoors
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Creativity is a must
- Strong attention to details and meeting deadlines.
- A natural affinity and interest in selling
- Ability to work as a team player within all levels of the organization.
- Experience and comfort working in digital, email, and print marketing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in hospitality sales and/or marketing or outdoor/athletics sales and/or marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Marketing preferred.
- Proven track record for increasing revenue growth to include securing contracts with local businesses and companies
- The ability to operate independently and take initiative
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment will vary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise and revenue targets.
- 2+ years previous experience in sales and/or marketing within the hospitality industry is highly desirable.
- Highly adaptable - conditions at the retreats will change, and this person should have the ability to think on their feet and remain steadfast.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional guest experiences and high satisfaction levels.
- Past experience in a new business or startup highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects.
- Approachable, presentable and professional.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Willingness to travel
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Prior experience in hospitality or camp/recreational sales and/or marketing is required.
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive compensation package, incentives, and the unique opportunity to earn options in the business over time
- Healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations and employee free and discounted nights