Overview: Collective Retreats
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful way to travel. Our portfolio of destination retreats allows our guests to explore unique destinations without sacrificing any luxuries, and to leave feeling inspired and connected.
Collective Retreats is a venture-backed, high-growth hospitality company that creates and operates asset-light, modular and tented luxury hotels in premium, unique destinations. Each of our retreats is designed to create amazing guest experiences and is built with a keen eye on design, beautiful décor, and amenities. We’re changing the travel industry with our focus on delivering authentic, local experiences for our guests with service on the level of what you would find at a 5-star hotel. Our retreats offer a wide variety of activities for our guests, both created by our staff and in combination with local activity providers.
As Manager of People & Culture you will oversee the day-to-day operations for all human resource and talent management functions, including recruiting, training & development, benefits management, HR administration and compliance. You will partner with leaders across the organization, including retreat leadership that is distributed in various locations. In addition, and importantly, you will manage employee relations and make recommendations on talent management, career progression and culture building across the organization.
You have deep experience in human resources and talent management within the hospitality industry (preferably hotels), as well as high-growth, early stage company leadership. You come with significant experience and excitement for the opportunity to devise new and creative strategies to elevate our talent recruitment, development and retention, while achieving strong team satisfaction and nurturing our culture. You are highly organized and dependable, approachable, empathetic, self-aware and self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
As Manager of People & Culture, you will lead a team of smart, motivated and enthusiastic individuals. A passion and talent for leading and developing others is a must have.
- Lead all recruitment planning and execution for all retreat locations, including Denver. Partner with Retreat leadership to hire for each season and identify appropriate and effective sourcing channels for candidates at all levels within the company. Own the top of the funnel for retreat recruitment and ensure hiring is done according to company processes and policies.
- Lead talent resource planning and position us as the employer of choice for top-tier talent by staying up-to-date on the latest policies, practices and trends within the industry
- Manage employee benefits and oversee compensation changes
- Coordinate and execute on our performance management process and make recommendations as needed
- Lead onboarding, training and development strategies; develop best-in-class content and programming for both new and existing team members
- Provide leadership and management support of all employee relations functions while developing effective partnerships and building credibility throughout the company
- Manage all HR platforms, including HRIS, Applicant Tracking System and Time Management System
- Ensure all people related policies, including the Company Handbook, are kept up to date and remain compliant. Recommend policy additions or changes as relevant to the needs of the business
- Execute regular pulse checks and bi-annual company surveys on team engagement and job satisfaction, and provide leadership on recommendations for any changes and/or actions coming out of that feedback
- Provide support on other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community/public relations
- Oversee office management function, as needed
- Oversee and manage the People & Culture budget
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for growing a world class team
- At least 5 years of progressive experience across major human resource functions, including, but not limited to recruitment, training and development, employee relations and HR administration and compliance
- Experience in hospitality industry, seasonal workforce and/or multi-geography experience are highly desired
- Proven ability to attract, retain and develop top talent in a fast-growth environment
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams as well as develop strong relationships internally
- Experience in a new, high-growth business or startup is highly desired; must have a strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up and be comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited data
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and proven ability to prioritize across various complex projects
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification highly desired
- Experience working with Greenhouse, Namely and/or Deputy is desired, but not required
- Approachable, presentable, empathetic, trustworthy, professional, and fun
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work remotely when necessary and willingness to travel as needed
- Hard working team player with a positive, can-do attitude
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
Compensation & Perks:
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including the unique opportunity to earn options in the business over time
- Healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- 401k and attractive PTO package
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations; free and discounted nights and culinary
Collective Retreats is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status or veteran status.