Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role
As Clipboard Health’s Bad Debt Strategy & Operations, you will be responsible for managing and collecting debts from customers who have defaulted on their payments based upon agreed upon repayment terms. The Bad Debt Strategy & Operations will work closely with the Customer Support, Finance, and Billing departments to address disputes, clarify billing issues, thereby fostering a collaborative environment.
In addition to debt collection, this role involves detailed record-keeping of all collection activities, customer communications, and payment agreements. Regular reporting on the status and progress of debt recovery efforts is also a significant part of the job.
The ideal candidate for this position should be adept at managing challenging situations, demonstrating persistence and resilience in the pursuit of debt recovery, while maintaining a professional approach. This role is not just about recovering debts but also about preserving customer relationships and Clipboard Health’s reputation.
- Initiate contact with customers who have overdue payments through phone calls and emails. Utilize your exceptional communication abilities to encourage debtors to settle their outstanding balances.
- Work with customers to understand their financial situation and negotiate repayment terms that are acceptable to both the customer and Clipboard Health.
- Provide excellent customer service, addressing debtor concerns with empathy and understanding. Identify opportunities to improve customer satisfaction during the debt collection process.
- Prepare and present detailed reports on the status of bad debts, recovery efforts, and success rates.
- Regularly review and analyze the effectiveness of current collection strategies and tools. Suggest and implement improvements to streamline the collection process and increase recovery rates.
- Work closely with our internal Customer Support, Finance, and Billing teams to resolve disputes and handle customer queries related to billing and payments.
- At least 1 year of Collections related experience
- Meticulous attention to detail in evaluating customer interactions and identifying areas for improvement
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide constructive and actionable feedback
- Multitasking skills, a strong aptitude for time management, and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in using software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, etc.
- Ability to adapt to new tools quickly and effectively
- Embodies the Clipboard Health values of customer-centricity and exceptionally high standards
Given the close collaboration required between this position and Billing leadership, this position must spend a minimum of 75% of their working hours between 9am-5pm PST.