Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a passionate Security Leader with an expertise in incident response and threat detection. You’ll be part of the Security Operations team and closely partner with multiple teams across the business driving threat detection and response initiatives.
What you'll work on:
- Leading incident response efforts, and being a subject matter expert for incidents across the organization.
- Identifying techniques and solutions to constantly improve and mature detection & response capabilities to protect our company, products & services and customers data.
- Developing strategy to monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting Circle products and services.
- Designing and conducting tabletop scenarios for security incidents, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Leading a team of high-performing security engineers developing solutions focused on threat detection, security operations and incident response.
- Developing roadmaps, tracking progress, and evaluating team / functions performance.
- Providing mentorship, support, and career development opportunities for team members and enabling the team to scale.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Strong ability to lead and work collaboratively across teams during high-stress situations.
- Enthusiasm for automation, scalable and reproducible security practices.
- Experience working in an AWS environment desired.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order of priorities on the fly.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired.
- 1+ years of experience building and managing small to medium sized teams.
- 7+ years experience in security operations such as investigations or Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR).
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Miami, FL. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $185,000 - $245,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.