We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Member Services Director overseeing the Member Services Department.
There is one position which can be filled in any of our 3 offices.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will provide strategic management oversight in implementing, directing and monitoring the Alliance’s Member Services functions. You will direct the Member Services Department, act as a subject matter expert, and provide executive level advice and guidance on member services issues and overall business operations. You will also direct, manage and supervise Member Services Department staff.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Member Services team is a dedicated, mission-driven group of individuals who have a passion for the work we do. We empower members to understand Alliance services and provide resources that meet medical, cultural and social needs to improve member health and well-being. We take great pride in the impact our work has on our members, providers and community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Expertise leading the member services function within community-based health plan environments
- Strategic vision, with a passion for developing and implementing new programs
- Strength in cultural competency with the ability to connect with the Alliance’s diverse member population
- Customer focus, with the ability to build and nurture relationships that engage our internal and external partners including our employees and community partners
- Commitment to team development ensuring a professional environment that is inspired, supported, professional and fun
- Talent in leading teams in an ever evolving, fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Member services function in a healthcare environment
- Legal requirements related to privacy and healthcare operations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Medi-Cal, Medicaid, Medicare, government programs, and related regulations
- Principles and practices of providing healthcare services to economically vulnerable populations
- Principles and practices of managed care member grievance resolution
- Ability to:
- Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
- Develop, plan, organize and direct programs and activities that are complex in nature and regional in scope
- Provide leadership, facilitate meetings, and partner with and guide managers and employees in the resolution of issues
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, accurately collect, manage and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
- Review and assess overall department function, core work, goals and structure, develop and implement short- and long-term planning to achieve strategic plans, and complete an annual department assessment
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Business, Health Administration or a related field
- Eight years (or a Bachelor’s and ten years) of experience within a health care organization, which included management experience with the Medi-Cal program and member services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in a fully remote work environment right now due to COVID-19. The interview and on-boarding process will be completed remotely
- When operations resume in the office, the expectation for this position is that it will be in the office, at least a few days a week. For this reason we are only considering candidates who are able to work in-person at one of our Alliance offices in the future
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.