We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Under general direction, this position provides program management, and acts as a subject matter expert, in the planning, implementation and monitoring of Business Process Management (BPM) capabilities, in support of Operational Excellence Department and organizational strategies. Additionally, this position leads and/or supports facilitation of cross-functional teams to plan and execute change and develops, conducts and oversees BPM training, coaching and mentoring.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Alliance has a rich history of problem solving and process innovation, but Operational Excellence as a formal discipline is newer for us. In 2018 we launched a Process Improvement Program using principle driven improvement methodologies to facilitate improvements across the enterprise. We have seen some great outcomes from our early Process Improvement work and energy is swelling behind the structured problem solving approach. In 2019 we are augmenting our Operational Excellence capabilities with the introduction of Process Management, a key discipline toward continuing to improve the value of services to our customers. We are excited to bring on a Process Architect who will play a key leadership role in this program’s development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- A Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or a related field
- Completion of training in Lean, Six Sigma, or other Process Improvement methodologies
- Experience with Process Improvement and/or BPM in a managed health care environment
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal, Medicaid or managed care
- Working knowledge of health care delivery systems
- Experience working with the Department of Healthcare Services, Department of Managed Health Care, or other health care regulatory oversight bodies
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Thorough knowledge of and Proficiency in:
- The application of BPM principles and capabilities, including the development and/or application of measurement systems, process governance, and change management
- The application of Process Improvement principles, methodologies, best practices and tools
- Applying collaborative leadership and people management skills, including developing staff competencies, leading team building, facilitating groups, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiating with and influencing others
- Ability to:
- Facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and process architecture conversations with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Motivate, coach, mentor, build investment and commitment, and hold others accountable
- Develop and deliver training curriculum in support of programmatic objectives
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and critical thinking skills, accurately collect, manage and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Organizational Development or a related field
- A minimum of 8 years of professional Process Improvement and/or Process Management experience which included a minimum of two (2) years of experience utilizing business process architecture frameworks to drive process optimization and some experience in a lead capacity (or a Master’s degree and six (6) years of relevant experience); or a combination of education and relevant work experience may be qualifying
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.