Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop necessary code and unit tests to implement the features/functions of the applications/services that are part of the TIP roadmap.
- Work with mentors and other team members to support the build out of defined features while adhering to the Agile framework.
- Communicate openly with immediate team members as well as with other cross-functional teams.
- Commitment to quality and timely delivery of assigned work products.
- Actively participate in Agile meetings such as Sprint Planning, Spring Review, Stand-ups, etc.
- Experience with JS frameworks (e.g. Backbone, Angular, Node, CanJS) are preferred.
- Experience working with databases and/or knowledge of SQL or Open Source is preferred.
- Self-starter mentality and flexibility to learn and work in new technologies/areas.
- Ability to work well within a team with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related Engineering field is required.