At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE: The Senior Treasury Analyst is part of Team Finance, reporting to the Treasurer. The person in this role will need to develop an in-depth understanding of the business in order to provide meaningful analysis of historical cash flow and accurately project future cash flows. This person will need to understand and use different valuation methodologies to assist in assessing and recommending capital allocation alternatives for our $600MM+ business. The Senior Treasury Analyst will support financings, debt servicing and compliance, risk management, capital allocation and investor relations. This role is a flexible work location arrangement.
- Daily cash reporting
- Rolling 6-month cash forecast including variance analysis of actual to forecast with an eye toward continuous improvement, efficiency and accuracy
- Monthly preparation of board reporting
- Quarterly contributions to the 10Q/10K and other public disclosures
- Support Treasurer in tracking and compliance of outstanding debt
- Support Treasurer in management and organization of corporate bank accounts and payment methods
- Support Treasurer in maintaining relationships with bank group, rating agencies and bondholders including periodic discussions and preparation of materials for meetings or conferences
- Insurance program support
- Support long-term planning efforts tied to capital allocation alternatives
- Investor relations support
- Other duties and special projects
- Responsible for the execution of certain internal controls over financial reporting that are integral to an effectively designed and operating internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in finance or treasury role
- Strong analytical ability and modeling skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the Company, including senior leadership.
- Positive, collaborative, and approachable work style to enable success in working cross functionally
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and ability to prioritize work with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and Google Workspace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-XX <-- your Recruiter will update this before posting