Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
This position is 100% US-based remote.
Dealer Inspire is hiring a Senior Back-end Developer for our METAL℠ Team! METAL℠ is Dealer Inspire’s (DI) new Inventory Management System (IMS). It is built with modern design and many efficiency features to help our clients move metal faster than the competition. METAL℠ allows car dealers to quickly and easily manipulate their vehicle inventory and have those changes appear on their Dealer Inspire website in real-time with API synchronization.
We are looking for an influential and impactful senior developer for a small Scrum team to both implement and help guide architectural, design, & implementation decisions drawing on past experience. We want a leader. This person will need to have a good understanding of maintainability, performance and scalability implications of technical decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Designing and developing new features
- Continually cleaning and refining code, reducing code complexity and technical debt with the overarching focus of increasing maintainability
- Mentoring and teaching junior developers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly proficient and professional experience with NodeJS
- Highly proficient and professional experience with SQL databases (preferably Postgres) and ORMs
- Proficient and professional experience AWS experience (especially ECS, RDS, and Lambda)
- Proficient and professional experience DevOps experience maintaining and/or building a CI/CD pipeline
- Strong understanding and experience with distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to work together in pair-programming and other collaborative situations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficient and professional experience with GraphQL and the Apollo GraphQL library
- Proficient and professional experience with React front-end library
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.