Cars.com Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country. A true constant through the years has been the incredible culture we've created.
Our employees have cultivated a culture that embodies our Company Values. We take pride in how Cars.com empowers our people to win and gain valuable experiences along the way.
CARS is looking for an entrepreneurial and collaborative Sr Director of Customer Marketing to join us as we grow and thrive in a dynamic and exciting industry, connecting millions of shoppers with the car of their dreams.
As a key member of the CARS Growth Marketing organization you will manage a high-performing team and lead the strategy, execution, and measurement of CARS marketing programs driving the acquisition, engagement, and retention of in-market car shoppers. Utilizing a data-driven, customer-centric approach you’ll work directly with our agency partners as well as with internal Marketing, Analytics, Data Science, and Finance teams to drive traffic to our websites and quality leads to our dealer partners.
Strong experience in B2C email, social media, and search marketing techniques, technologies, and tactics will be critical to your success, as will a curious and entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on driving continuous improvement and delivering positive results.
- Drive traffic and lead growth across CARS businesses and websites
- Provide strategic oversight and management of paid performance marketing activities, including SEM, retargeting, affiliates, and display marketing
- Provide strategic oversight and management of email and retention marketing efforts, including app marketing
- Manage and mentor a highly engaged and proactive team while supporting CARS enterprise DEI initiatives by fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Partner with agencies to plan, execute, and optimize marketing campaigns and associated budgets
- Management of CARS Customer Marketing budget in close collaboration with Finance
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to integrate data intelligence/business signals into campaigns and ensure clear ROI performance of marketing activities and budget
- Proactively communicate results to management on a weekly basis and conduct frequent analyses to identify optimization opportunities, partnering with Analytics to ensure robust and consistent reporting of marketing results
- Build and implement an iterative testing roadmap to drive continuous improvement that is scalable across the business·
- Build industry expertise and provide strategic thought leadership across the broader CARS organization. Stay current on technical and competitive trends and changes in the industry to leverage new opportunities and best practices in driving growth for CARS, sharing knowledge and insights across the organization
- Deep understanding of performance marketing campaign and optimization techniques, tactics, and best practices, including experience with SEM, Display Media, Affiliates, Feeds, Mobile, and Social marketing techniques and models
- Deep understanding of the performance marketing industry, including expert knowledge of key market players, technologies, and vendors
- Deep understanding of email and customer retention marketing campaign and optimization techniques, tactics, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills and a data-driven mindset coupled with keen attention to detail and a focus on delivering results ·
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex or technical marketing concepts and analyses to broad marketing and executive audiences
- Strong experience leading teams and managing large marketing budgets
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, charts, vlookup, sumifs) and capacity to learn and work with databases and technical systems
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (e.g., Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) preferred·
- Ability to manage initiatives proactively with minimal supervision, strong problem solving, communication (verbal/written) and time-management skills
- Strong technical skills highly desired
- BS/BA, concentration in business, economics, computer science or mathematics preferred·
- 10+ years of related marketing experience
- At least 5 years of direct team leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.