About This Role
CARS Software Engineering is looking for top talent to join our team for an exciting new phase of our business and technical evolution. In 2021, we are launching a new platform that will transform Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation and fuel our mission.
- Participate in engineering team culture through pull request reviews, project and team retrospectives
- Work with Product and Design to develop web application features, including end-to-end tests
- Lead and organize engineers to develop and maintain an internal web component library
- Coach and evangelize technology and tooling in support of modular assets usable by all engineers
- Own and organize clear documentation and testing tools in support of the web component library
Required Skills & Experience
- React / Redux / Webpack
- CSS Abstraction experience (e.g. SCSS/Less/Stylus)
- SEO-driven frontend
- Built Webpack plugins and/or loaders
- Understanding of web page performance trade-offs and impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Elixir / Ruby
- Design and UX skills/experience
- Worked in major full-stack frameworks (Ruby on Rails / Elixir’s Phoenix Framework)
- Working with GraphQL / Apollo.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.