At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
At CARS, we appreciate that our employees rely on us to administer and manage their benefits accurately and effectively, and this role is key to making that happen. The ideal candidate will have experience in Human Resources, including Benefits Coordination (both Health and Retirement) and Leave of Absence processing.
This position requires an individual with a high degree of organization and initiative, excellent customer service skills, multi-tasking and a positive attitude.
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits, instruct them on the enrollment process and answer questions while presenting, during the new hire orientation session weekly.
- Coordinate with vendors to properly administer COBRA, LOA’s (continuous and intermittent) ensuring compliance with company policies and federal and state leave regulations.
- Coordinate with vendors, payroll and employees to ensure the integration of various leave policies.
- Provide information related to federal, state and company leave policies, including disability, PTO, workers compensation and coordinate return to work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to employee benefits inquiries and issues via the team mailboxes.
- As an escalation point, work with vendors to resolve any enrollment related, claims related or customer service topics that employees are unable to resolve
- Reconcile and process benefits vendor invoices
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Sr. Manager Benefits
- Solid understanding of LTD, STD, 401k, COBRA and other benefit plans
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, face to face and over the phone
- Demonstrated project management skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, knowledge of PowerPoint. Google docs a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility for changes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.