At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater. Learn more here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Cars.com is seeking an Android Developer with demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise scale mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to create native applications for mobile devices. This is a hands-on role, primarily focused on the development of our native Android applications.
- Own and lead mobile applications architecture in the Android ecosystem
- Work with a team of peers to design and implement products in support of strategic business and IT initiatives
- Participate in peer review sessions throughout design and development phases for multiple projects at any given time
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor software
- Collaborate with the product team to turn user stories into product features
- Explore innovations in technology to enhance business outcomes
- Participate in vendor evaluations, POCs and framework/platform selection
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills (both oral and verbal)
- Identifies and implements improvements to internal team processes or to supported business’s processes, products or services.
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth.
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin and mobile application development
- Excellent knowledge of working with the Android SDK
- Modern architectural patterns such as MVVM
- Thorough understanding of Android lifecycle, networking principles, and 3rd party library integration.
- Experience with coroutines and asynchronous/multi-threading patterns
- Experience creating and integrating with existing RESTful APIs/backend services
- Basic understanding of Gradle
- Experience with advertising on mobile products
- Experience in mobile application performance monitoring and tuning
- Previous experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment using Jira, git, and similar tools.
- Android Architecture components (ViewModel with LiveData)
- Android Jetpack
- Elixir, Phoenix, and Absinthe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.