The Senior Manager, Financial Accounting is responsible for the preparation, consolidation and review of the Company’s financial statements in compliance with US GAAP, by supervising the month-end accounting close process, applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and managing and coaching a team of accounting professionals. This position reports to the Senior Director, Assistant Controller.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leads the timely and accurate preparation, consolidation and review of the Company’s financial statements.
- Works collaboratively with other accounting and finance teams, including FP&A, to ensure an efficient and effective month end close process that meets required deadlines.
- Provides insight into financial trends within scope of responsibility, providing senior management with detailed reports and analysis; advises on problem matters and recommends courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact.
- Assists in the financial reporting process, including review of the Company's annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and quarterly earnings releases on Form 8-K.
- Prepares presentations and/or supporting documents for Audit Committee and Board of Director presentations as requested.
- Drives process improvements, system enhancements and development of analytical tools to support a more streamlined consolidated financial reporting function including better analytics.
- Responsible for the execution of certain internal controls over financial reporting that are integral to an effectively designed and operating internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Oversees Financial Accounting Team by providing strong leadership, mentorship and coaching to attract, develop and retain a high-performing team.
- Works with other departments across the Company to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Works closely with the Financial Reporting Team to understand the impact of new accounting pronouncements and ensures the necessary changes to operational finance processes are implemented.
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure the review and audit processes are efficient and effective.
- Participates in cross-functional special projects as required; including potential acquisitions, as well as the integration of any acquired entities.
- Attend continuing education to stay current on hot and emerging topics and keep license active.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned, to assist the Finance organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership. Includes the ability to explain complex accounting and reporting issues to non-finance coworkers. Must possess a team orientated approach
- High energy, positive, collaborative and approachable work style
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company while meeting deadlines
- Strong, current technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Exceptional leadership, with a track record of developing talent
- Detailed understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements from a compliance standpoint
- A hands-on, meticulous and detailed nature, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and proven problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of recent financial accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Strong, current expertise in US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- 5+ years of management experience
- Prior public accounting experience in a “Big 4” or “mid-tier” public accounting firm
- Experience in a corporate accounting/reporting role
- PeopleSoft experience