The Data Operations Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day operations and support of the data feeds that power various Cars.com applications. The Data Operations Analyst, under general supervision is responsible for the loading and maintaining of Cars.com master, listing, dealer, and other core data subject areas. Responsibilities include partnering with Product, Customer Service, Database Administration and other business and technical areas to support technology solutions.
- Daily monitoring of production feed processing and data transformation.
- Understanding the flow, dependencies and service levels of our data systems to ensure accurate, timely and trusted data is available.
- Develop tools, processes, training and documentation to promote self-service within the Operation Center and Cars.com support teams, increasing operational efficiency.
- Provide visibility to Data Quality issues and work with the business owners to fix the issues.
- Serve as data subject matter expert and demonstrate an understanding of key data management principles and data use
- Identify and resolve production data integrity and feed related issues.
- Summarize programs bugs in current data processes as well as enhancement ideas and communicate that to development/architecture teams.
- Work with product teams to create documentation of operational procedures of data feeds and processes.
- Availability for 24-hour shift rotation on Cars.com emergency response team supporting crucial Cars.com data infrastructure.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Familiarity with data models and ability to understand complex data relationships.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience partnering with technology support teams to identify and solve production issues.
- Very fluent generating SQL queries for data analysis and working with DBAs on performance tuning.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to quickly assess problems and determine proper resolution.
- Able to work on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a high-energy, team-orientated, rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with Oracle PL/SQL and comfortable reading, executing, and developing PL/SQL programs.
- Prior programming and scripting experience ie. Shell Scripting, Python etc.
- Scheduling tools such as UC4-Automic.
- Administration or development in ETL Tools - IBM Datastage, Informatica.
- 1-4 years’ experience of relevant data analysis / production support of data processes.
- 1-4 year experience with SQL in an RDBMS environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems (related/commensurate experience acceptable).