Cars.com is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated business professional to join our Business Development (BD) team as a Senior Associate. The position will involve market analysis, opportunity identification, research, and presentation creation to develop consensus among internal stakeholders. This candidate will report to Senior Manager in BD and will have high visibility to internal stakeholders and senior management team. It presents a lucrative opportunity for the ideal candidate to make immediate business impact and build a long-term career as a business development professional in online automotive category.
- Execute on analytical projects to solve business problems by applying quantitative analysis and logical framework to problem-solving.
- Evaluate opportunities through interaction with prospective partners and internal stakeholders. Build internal consensus through analysis, documentation, and presentations.
- Conduct analytics by bringing together financial and business performance data to evaluate strategic partnership opportunities.
- Conduct industry analysis, research, and market survey to justify resource allocation and investments.
- Contribute to team’s knowledgebase through active monitoring of news and industry networking.
- Help senior management team in assessing and evaluating emerging issues and develop recommendation for suitable course of action for Cars.com
- Excellent analytical skills along with a deep understanding of online business models and proficiency in quantitative analysis techniques & tools
- Strong Time management and Project Management skills
- Ability to keep key internal and external participants informed is critical
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Understanding of online automotive marketplace is preferred
- Familiarity with BI tools (Business Objects), Web analytics (Omniture, Google Analytics) and basic statistical analysis is preferred.
- Exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com), LinkedIn, etc. would be beneficial.
- Undergraduate degree with Business major and 2-4 years of relevant experience or MBA with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Prior experience in business consulting would be considered a plus.
- Experience in online automotive category is preferred