The Executive Assistant, Marketing and Strategy provides executive and administrative support to our Chief Marketing Officer, and will eventually support our Chief Strategy Officer as well. We are seeking a high performing EA who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about his/her work. You need to be a team player with a positive attitude, professional disposition, and superb communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities under pressure while maintaining confidentiality and discretion. This role works closely and effectively with the CMO & CSO, but due to the visibility of the position, it’s imperative that you work well with all levels of company staff and external partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Keep CMO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment & keeping Executives up to date
- Schedule meetings, organize projects, provide administrative support. Ensure CMO is prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged to optimize time.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CMO's ability to effectively lead.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the marketing organization, and manage a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Heavy calendar management. Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and all associated logistics, department and off-site meetings, external group other events.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executive and process expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up rooms, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a C-level, executive support or operations role at the highest corporate level required
- Proficient Mac or PC skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and & business enterprise systems)
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability to minimize potential problems. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable drafting executive communication. Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly. Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other executive assistants and marketing leadership. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise