Cars.com is seeking a performance marketer to oversee paid social advertising as a key piece of the Cars.com acquisition marketing strategy. The Associate Manager, Paid Social Media will be the social advertising-liaison to the highest profile Cars.com acquisition marketing projects. This person will be responsible for keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social landscape. This individual will be a critical member of the Media and Acquisition team and will serve as a champion to the growth of the digital channel in terms of high quality traffic and conversion. They must also embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration and intellectual curiosity. They must have a strong inner drive and ability to clearly demonstrate various capabilities of social media solutions.
- Support the Media and Acquisition Marketing team as the paid social expert to help reach the Cars.com strategic goals, as well as, meet and/or exceed key performance indicators and objectives
- Assume accountability and ownership of paid social campaign hands-on execution including: strategy, set-up, tests, QA, performance reporting, contracts, construction of decks and billing reconciliation
- Proactively develop new programs and identifying areas for improvement/optimization that align with key business objectives
- Provide expert recommendations for audience targeting, bid strategies, campaign organization and ad formats.
- Partner with the consumer analytics team to produce actionable insights and consolidated reporting leveraging advanced measurement tools, such as multi-touch attribution and internal data warehouse, and manage pixels/data integration on behalf of the internal social media team
- Mine campaign data to provide unsolicited strategic insight based on data and optimizations to pinpoint trends and capitalize on key drivers of performance
- Implement strategies to realize improvement/growth of performance through paid social solutions
- Be a cross-functional resource on social media advertising for the organization
- Expert knowledge and prior hands-on experience managing social media for a performance client across paid social platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat; LinkedIn a plus.
- Advanced understanding and experience with navigating Facebook (Facebook Insights, Power Editor, Ads Manager, dynamic product feeds and conversion tools), Twitter (ad dashboard, analytics and conversion tools), Pinterest (analytics and third-party optimization tools)
- Previous experience setting up and executing Facebook Dynamic Ads leveraging a feed with high volume of listings/inventory/SKUs for a non-retail client
- Superb time management, organization and attention to detail while managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and collaboratively
- Working knowledge of DMPs, 3rd party data, exchanges, pixel technologies, ad servers and tracking (DoubleClick For Advertisers/DoubleClick Campaign Manager), attribution, and ad verification
- Strong analytical thinking to make compelling arguments/provide insights based on large data sets including use of A/B control testing, statistical significance, deductive reasoning and logic
- Quick learner who enjoys working with new tools/software to increase output and drive learnings
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal; general and technical) to impart critical information to a broad audience, including senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-focused major with a background or emphasis in Marketing, Statistics or Business Management.
- 3-5 years planning and analyzing performance media campaigns across social, with demonstrated success in creating and executing campaigns that drove to performance KPIs and grew audiences
- 2+ years hands-on execution within social platforms; agency background a plus
- Mastery of all relevant social platform UIs and capabilities, as well as, relevant API management platforms (4C, Kenshoo, SocialMoov)
- Experience analyzing and drawing recommendations from large datasets using Excel, including pivot tables & basic statistics. Experience with SPSS, SAS, Salesforce, Business Objects or other BI & statistical toolsets a plus
- A proven track record of forward and innovative thinking for driving business result
- Comfortable in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Word