Imagine: 30 unique restaurants to order from, brought to your door in under 30 minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we want to make world-class food within reach, no matter where you live. That’s why we’ve created a vertically integrated, new standard of dining that will allow you to enjoy menus from award-winning chefs and iconic restaurants across the country, all in one place. Our elevated brick + mortar locations will offer pick up and dine in options, as well as delivery to your home.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing. Join us in pioneering a new category of dining called “Fast-Fine”, and revolutionizing the way people eat.
About the role
Wonder is developing groundbreaking robotics and automation systems in our kitchens. We need a forward-thinking electrical engineer with a passion for automation and innovation to support this crucial project. We’re looking for an engineer with a knack for innovating at the intersection of electronics, software, and hardware, who can withstand the rigors of a fast-paced, automated kitchen environment.
As the Lead Electrical Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in creating cutting-edge electrical solutions for our automated kitchen. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Electrical System Design: Lead the design and development of electrical systems, including power distribution, control systems, sensors, and automation components, within our automated kitchen environments
- Prototyping: Oversee the creation of electrical prototypes and work closely with the mechanical and software teams to integrate electrical systems seamlessly.
- System Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the integration of electrical systems with mechanical, software, and control systems to create a fully functional and automated kitchen environment.
- Quality Control: Implement quality control processes to ensure that all electrical components meet the highest standards for safety, reliability, and performance.
- Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in electrical engineering, automation, and control technologies and apply them to our kitchen solutions.
- Project Management: Lead and manage electrical engineering projects, including budgeting, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Testing and Validation: Develop and oversee testing and validation processes to ensure that electrical systems operate as designed and meet safety and regulatory standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other engineers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure the seamless integration of electrical systems within the overall kitchen automation system.
The experience you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing electrical systems, particularly in the automation or robotics industry.
- Proficiency in electrical CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD, Altium Designer etc) and other relevant engineering tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of automation, robotics, and control systems.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
Base Salary: $157k
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.