Running a business is hard, we make it easier. Our business credit card has helped over 200,000 businesses access credit and hope to partner with over 1 million by the end of 2025.
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 125,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are looking for a FinCrime Specialist to join our existing team as the business scales globally.
You will support the UK Fincrime Team to review high risk and suspicious activity, making decisions that have a big impact on our customers and our business. You will help protect Capital on Tap and our customers from Financial crime by challenging, testing and developing fraud and anti-money laundering controls and processes.
You will investigate complex AML cases and utilise your experience to lead projects to push forward our Financial Crime controls and processes, so that the business is protected as it grows. You will help train junior members of the team and share knowledge in a team passionate about preventing Financial Crime.
This role is a great fit for you if you have strong problem solving, critical thinking skills, and looking to take the next step in a Financial Crime career. This role covers all aspects of Fraud, Due Diligence and AML risk faced by the business so if you’ve got the right experience in these areas, we’d love to speak to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting fraud and money laundering assessments using in-house systems, open source investigations, and our real-time third party tools to help protect the business
- Conduct KYC and KYB checks as part of our customer due diligence requirements
- Review of PEPs/Sanction/Adverse Media hits identified through our third party tool to make sure we know which customers present a higher risk to the business
- Review of rule trips or red flags on new applications
- Review our AML controls to ensure they keep on track with current trends, and identify where there are any gaps
- Assist in training junior members of the team, and sharing FinCrime knowledge across the business
- First point of contact for referrals regarding suspicions, 3rd party and onboarding concerns or rule trips on a customer account
- Identify new trends as the first line of defence on accounts to support the team with building new rules and controls where required
- Sound judgement and confidence to make independent decisions on potential fraudulent activity or PEP/Sanction matches
- Ability to assess referred cases to ensure minimal inconvenience to the customer while preventing monetary and reputational loss to the company
What we are looking for:
- You should have experience in making independent risk-based judgements on fraud or AML investigations. This should be in an operational role working on accounts and liaising with customers directly, not in an oversight function
- You should be someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions, and suggest improvements where you see them.
- You should have an interest in Financial Crime, Fraud and/or AML and a willingness to learn the regulatory landscape and criminal techniques in more detail
- Fraud or AML cases won’t always fit into neatly defined criteria and so you’ll need to be confident in your ability to make best-judgement decisions and be able to communicate these effectively to both your team members, customers and other teams in the business
- You should have a critical eye and strong attention to detail. You should enjoy working efficiently and in a demanding, high volume environment
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure.
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.