Capital on Tap believes in small businesses and their potential. We are on a mission to help them thrive!
Since launching our business credit card in 2017, we’ve become one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018, & 2019) and Europe (Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2021). We now have our sights set on the rest of the world, and have recently expanded into the US.
The best thing about working at Capital on Tap is our team - both two-legged and four-legged! We have a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture with plenty of opportunities for growth and progression.
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
You will support COT’s Enterprise Risk and Compliance Program function. This team focuses on validating processes are working end-to-end, identifying risk areas and risk treatment/mitigation, as well as participating in projects to understand and determine potential impact to regulatory compliance components as well overall compliance.
The primary responsibilities will Develop a Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) program and oversee the related GRC tool(s) to support the program. You will support Global Risk and Compliance vision by working together with other compliance and risk colleagues to shape the GRC program. You will be responsible for areas encompassing both regulatory and non-regulatory compliance, such as issue tracking and remediation, advisory projects, reporting and internal assessments.
What you'll be doing...
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for Compliance and Risk.
- Analyzing comparative data and preparing regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements. Identifying and addressing potential risks.
- Investigating and assisting in responses to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory and partner inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
- Preparing, editing and maintaining Compliance program related materials.
- Interacting and working with other areas within Capital on Tap, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
What we are looking for...
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong competence in developing presentations and analytical tools (i.e., MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) SQL and Looker).
What you get in return...
In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary.
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow and develop.
- Private healthcare, including physical and mental healthcare cover.
- 28 days paid holiday.
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme.
- Free breakfast, snacks and socials.
- Generous anniversary rewards including a paid month sabbatical at four years.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.