At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta. We are now looking to open a sales office in Edinburgh too!
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are looking for an energetic, competitive and talented Business Development Manager to sell our corporate rewards credit card into the UK SME space (turnover of £2-50m). This role will report directly to the Head of Sales and will work closely with many other internal departments as you support your own end-to-end onboarding process for your customers.
You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from outbound prospecting through to ramping up card spend. You’ll be primarily speaking to SME owner-directors and finance managers. Our product is excellent and to some extent sells itself. Nonetheless, you’ll need plenty of perseverance and determination.
What do we require?
- 3-5 years B2B sales experience - preferably in cards or payments
- Exceptional ability to understand, empathise and ultimately sell
- Strong, analytical pipeline management to understand the work you need to put in at the top of the funnel to get out your desired results
- Ambition to hit extremely challenging yet rewarding targets
- A proactive, resilient and entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to experiment with different techniques and remain positive
- A high-level understanding of the financial workings and business acumen needed to run a SMEs
What you'll get in return
- Competitive base salary with scope for progression
- Competitive uncapped commission structure
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.