At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
The effective management of Credit Risk is core to our business. The Credit Risk team dictates who we’re willing to lend to, how much we’re willing to lend to them and on what terms. It is essential that we balance our growth aspirations with Credit Risk exposure, whilst remaining within risk appetite.
It is an exciting time in Credit - our portfolio is growing, we are targeting new market segments and creating new customer management strategies, so we’re looking for a Credit Risk Manager to join the UK Credit Risk team. Working closely with our Head of UK Credit Risk, you’ll be a hybrid analyst/operator working in one of the most important teams in the business.
What you'll be doing
- Identify opportunities to optimise our underwriting and credit decisioning process through the use of new data and strategies
- Own components of our portfolio monitoring and conduct ad-hoc analyses to ensure any findings are fully understood
- Contribute to the management of the portfolio by defining initiatives for activities such as credit limit increases, re-pricing and churn reduction
- Play a leadership role in the operational running of the portfolio and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Support the Head of Credit and underwriting team with strategic projects, for example, the implementation of a new scorecard or pilot
What we are looking for
- 2+ years experience at a top tier management consultancy or fast-paced start-up working in a Risk/Financial Services team
- Experience leading a team and/or multiple concurrent projects
- Operational experience to see something all the way through from beginning to end
- Curiosity to learn and experiment
- Analytically minded and comfortable with data manipulation using tools such as Python, R and SQL
- High 2.1 /1st class degree (or equivalent) from a top-ranked university
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.