Capital on Tap believes that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK Since launching our Capital on Tap Business Credit Card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
Capital on Tap has had an incredible year this year. We launched in Spain and are looking to launch in other countries in 2020, we broke the £1bn mark in lending, and secured hundreds of millions of pounds in additional funding from our bank partners to help SMEs all over the world.
We are now looking for someone to step into a newly created CRO role to help take us to the next level from a risk perspective as we continue to expand globally. Establishing centralised credit, collections, fraud and compliance strategies and helping country leads deliver these, this role will play a key part in our defining our global risk strategy moving forward.
What you'll be doing:
- Heading up our global risk organisation and and overall risk strategy
- Creating a company-wide risk strategy including risk tolerance, building scorecards and collections strategy
- Managing country heads to implement risk and collection processes
- Monitoring and reporting on risk to the board as well as potential debt and equity investors
- Standardisation of scorecard building and helping country heads to implement
- Defining collections strategies to help reduce bad debt
- Anticipating challenges and opportunities in growing and modifying product lines, including recommending actions to sustain and enhance the company’s competitive position
- Leading a team of risk professionals covering various risk disciplines
What do we require?
- Experience working with credit cards (consumer or business)
- Broad experience in managing risk issues within a regulated business
- Risk experience during an economic downturn
- You must be able to demonstrate detailed and current knowledge of risk controls, policies & procedures
- Experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Strong team management and motivating skills
- Quantitative, numbers-oriented but with ability to combine detailed level analysis with strategic perspectives
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily