Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Number 29 on the Sunday Times Tech Track 100) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a Collections Officer to join our innovative collections team. The Collections department is responsible for minimising bad debt and supporting our customers in financial difficulties, ultimately ensuring a fair customer outcome at all times. Reporting to our Client Relationship Manager, you will work directly with customers and external parties to help Capital on Tap maximize its recovery strategy. This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their experience within the financial services and be on the cutting edge of collections strategies and technologies.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for outbound and inbound calls and emails, responding to a wide variety of customer’s arrears issues and concerns quickly and professionally
- Conduct proactive customer contact to minimise potential financial distress of customers
- Execute on new collections contact strategies and pilots to support business arrears targets
- Using strong experience in collections, hardship and vulnerable circumstances negotiate positive outcomes for customers while gaining a good understanding of their financial position and ability to repay
- Act as an escalation contact for the outsourced collections teams to support customers in arrears
- Preparing responsible settlements and arrangements with customers on a regular basis
- As a subject matter expert, take responsibility for resolving disputes or complaints, ensuring that caller concerns are actioned correctly, and all parties are notified promptly.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to the customer, offering them all relevant information to allow them to understand any options available to them
- Undertake all collections activities in accordance with the required regulations; ensure treating Customers fairly, Companies Policies and Guidelines laid down including accurate customer records and documentation
- Assisting with all strategic developments and innovations in the team.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years’ experience in a collections-phone based role in a regulated firm, ideally in financial services
- Confident in making decisions; takes ownership of individual arrears cases where required
- Strong telephone presence and negotiation skills
- Able to work under pressure to demanding targets and deadlines with knowledge of the FCA and UK consumer regulations
- Experience and knowledge of MS Office (Mainly Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Diligence, punctuality and a general sense of responsibility
- Interest on continuous learning and development
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks
What you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Anniversary rewards including a month off paid sabbatical after 4 years