Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
With our move to Azure this year we are now looking for talented DevOps Engineer to join our collaborative team, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for cloud technologies and practices. We’re looking for someone with Azure, Windows and Linux experience that will drive innovation and help us scale our platform, not just in the UK but potentially on a global scale as well; we want to learn from you. You will be working closely with our CTO and other senior stakeholders as well as with our exceptionally talented developers so there will be a lot of opportunity to learn and develop your skills whilst in this role. We want someone who is comfortable building, configuring, installing and deploying new and existing environments by utilising scripts in order to automate processes and improve efficiency here at Capital on Tap.
We are a business that loves collaborating and so the ability to work in a team and share thoughts and ideas is vital. We are looking for a tech evangelist who want to continue to develop and loves suggesting and implementing new ideas across the business.
We have a huge variety of projects that you could be working on:
- Managing Azure services that span storage, security, networking, compute and application cloud capabilities
- Building and maintaining Terraform to deploy and Ansible for configuration states.
- Managing Kubernetes web app and function on Azure.
- Working with developers and stakeholders to build better applications and tools and improving the user experience
- Maintaining all IT infrastructure
- Proactively managing and understanding all software used across the business
- Building servers and performing server troubleshooting; updating and maintaining security compliance
- Supporting SQL databases and running SQL queries to support the business
- Maintaining and building monitoring to support 24x7 availability
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing standards for delivery for business functionality, as well as developing, maintaining, and enhancing design standards and patterns for infrastructure and system components
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
We work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional team which we feel saves time, increase efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved in the project.
We offer great progression within the team, offering routes into people management or tech leadership where you can really hone in on the architecture of the software. All of our team leads and tech leads have been promoted quickly from within.
What do we require?
- 2 years experience in a Devops position with Microsoft Azure
- 1 year System Administrator work
- Experience with Office365, G suite, Jira
- Experience with Powershell
- Terraform + ARM templates (managing and deploying resources on Azure)
- Ansible +DSC (state configuration)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fantastic team player willing to “muck in” and who is passionate about the role and company
- The ability and desire to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with Bash and other script languages is desirable
- Experience in an ISO 27001
- Experience with Linux / Unix System
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily