Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a Web Developer/Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the websites look as well as how they work.
The initial project will be to rebuild our current primary website using CMS technologies that are fit for the businesses needs.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop new user-facing websites using CMS technologies
- Take a mobile-first approach
- Interpret business requirements that articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Build reusable code, templates and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize the websites for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take direction from the CTO and Head of Business Intelligence and work within the guidelines and boundaries they define
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Ensure website is running in the most optimized way with respect to SEO best practices and response times
- Work closely with Marketing to optimise the sites for conversion and performance across various marketing channels
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
We work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional team which we feel saves time, increases efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved in the project.
What do we require?
- 3-5 years minimum proven experience as a Web Developer/Designer (client-side, freelance or agency)
- Proven experience with CMS technologies (preferably Umbraco, but others will be considered)
- Proven experience with high-traffic multi-language website design and implementation
- Portfolio of responsive website design projects
- Portfolio of wireframes and concepts
- Understand of UX design principles
- Ability to design one-off marketing landing page, site banners and social media graphics
- Ability to work within brand guidelines
- Clear understanding of the entire website process (from project ‘kick-off’ to ‘launch’)
- Ability to unpack a client brief and design websites to challenge both business and UX objectives/KPI’s
- The ability to work well alongside the wider team (all projects will be supported by Product Managers and Lead Developers)
- The ability to prioritise tasks (across multiple projects) and manage your own time is essential
- Work towards tight deadlines - pro-active, punctual and well-organised
- A forward-thinking and creative - outstanding attention to detail and a keen eye for design
- Passionate and enthusiastic - confident in nature, with the ability to discuss and justify your design concepts with clients
- Willingness to go the extra mile - to deliver original, unique and truly beautiful website designs
- A people person - a cultural fit, with a collaborative personality is everything!
- Understanding basic SEO principles
- Proven experience on working with Marketing teams to improve website performance
Nice to haves
- Visual Studio IDE
- Website deployment in a load-balanced environment
- Microsoft Server/IIS
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily