Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
Reporting the Head of Risk, you will be responsible for Data Analytics to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our growing B2B portfolio.
You must love a challenge, be comfortable with understanding big data and be excited to drive fundamental change to our business. You will be managing a revolving credit portfolio in excess of £160m growing to over £200m by close of the calendar year. You will be expected to act fast, learn quickly and have a solid foundation of either portfolio management, risk analytics or collections strategy to draw upon.
You are tasked with meeting business objectives, you will be adequately resourced and supported to achieve our Gross Margin targets. Your team is responsible for the strategy of all outsourced collections teams who will benefit from your analytical capabilities with setting targets and revising pricing structures of our outsourcing partnerships.
What you'll be doing
- Analysing customer behaviours and bad debt for root cause analysis to identify improvements to the portfolio scorecard
- Deliver champion challenger pilots in-amongst the team which challenge current strategies and test new processes or systems to maximise returns
- Monitoring and reporting using PowerBI. Provide updates on the performance of the portfolio, identify target areas for improvement, understand any dips and ensure accuracy on interpretation of results
- Identify, review and propose new vendors and products to improve current strategies and increase efficiencies through automation and outsourcing including our DCA relationships
- Support direct report(s) with day to day administration, internal compliance reviews, escalations with outsourced clients, and assisting their drive of process improvements through pilots, problem solving & acting upon ideas
What we are looking for
- Strong analytical skills including experience optimising the effectiveness of portfolio management
- Proven record with ownership of accurate and timely business reporting
- Effective communication at all levels
- Self-motivated, highly organised and You will be focused on impact and results over processes
- Excel notwithstanding ambiguity, you will be happy taking an MVP approach and doing what’s good enough for now
Additionally, preferred experiences:
- Start-up experience a major plus
- You have a deep understanding of how revolving credit products work, including regulation, useful tools and powerful strategies for managing a growing portfolio
- Management experience, developing staff in a target driven environment
What you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme