Builders are a rare breed of people. They’re the ones who have the confidence and conviction to create, the leadership to inspire, the grit to see a job through and the composure to deliver it under immense pressure. We understand builders – and we exist to empower them. We wear some of their many hats. We’re the extra hand they never knew they could have. We help eliminate the late nights, the room for error, the uncertainty of the job. We help them up their game, make them look good and instil some peace of mind. We let them focus on what’s really important: A better business, a better life, more success, less stress – and ultimately, a better outcome. We are behind them. With our software tools, our people, our partnerships.
Our Product team takes pride in designing and building software that is simple to use and onboarding customers to use it effectively. We immerse ourselves in our customers’ worlds to guide the creation and support of products that transform the way they work. We experiment, collaborate, problem solve, make decisions, reflect and grow. We do this all with pace and an agile mindset, with the goal to see our customers succeed.
As a Lead Developer you’ll be a key technologist on the team, responsible for driving forward the Buildxact offering through greenfield products and enhancing existing systems. You’ll act as a mentor, continually strive to lift the technical capability of the team and bring innovative ideas to the table. You’ll take ownership of team deliverables and proactively make sure that the team is on track to meet its goals.
What you’ll nail
- Lead a team to design, build and deliver new key product features and functionality and enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
- Enhance and promote best practices within the team
- Roadmap planning and estimation of proposed features
- Keep up-to-date with latest technologies, particularly around the .NET ecosystem, and suggest ways in which the Buildxact systems can be enhanced using newer tech
- Build product features that are extensible, scalable, and adhere to best practice
- Solve problems and remove blockers
- Extensive experience in software development within SaaS and cloud-first businesses
- Demonstrated knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core and the .NET ecosystem
- Project leadership experience, proactively driving your team to meet its goals
- Customer-centric approach, always taking on the voice of our users
- Experience with Azure or AWS, and an understanding of cloud architecture options
- A love of coaching and mentoring team members and helping teams execute faster without sacrificing quality
Build your career with us!
Buildxact is a high-growth business, and you’ll be given the opportunity to experiment, solve problems, make decisions and work with pace towards a clear goal. Autonomy and empowerment are an essential parts of our values. You’ll be supported by an experienced team with a clear goal to grow rapidly across the globe, while you grow with the company.
It’s not all about the work though; we make sure we get to know each other and invest in the social part of work. You’ll have the great coffee, freshly refurb’d offices and other perks you love. We even offer fun added extras to help you stress less; like money towards hobbies and the flexibility to enjoy them. We work in a hybrid model, both from home and from the office.
- Pluralsight subscription
- All company half-day fortnightly on a Friday
- $1000 p/annum towards wellbeing initiatives to use how you please (gym membership? financial advice?)
- Active social committee
- Additional leave - COVIDVax leave, Birthday leave, Volunteer leave
- Performance bonus and annual salary reviews
- Matched contribution to formal education up to $1000 p/annum
- Opportunity to be invited into Share Options Scheme
As a values-driven company we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people feel safe and you can be yourself. We’re behind you.