Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on their medications. Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
The role of the Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing Blink’s corporate Microsoft servers and systems.
What You'll Do:
- Work with IT leadership on projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for all business units
- Promote good systems design practices at Blink emphasizing
- Secure and compliant implementations
- Redundancy/high availability
- Automation using Ansible
- Monitor, manage and maintain Blink’s systems infrastructure including:
- Linux - Ubuntu/Debian/Red Hat/CentOS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019
- Solve service desk ticket tasks such as troubleshooting legacy Windows application access, Active Directory moves/adds/changes and application installation
- Perform routine maintenance on Windows systems including monthly security patches and regular upgrades
- Act as the “last level” technical escalation point for complex systems and account issues raised by end users to the service desk
- Write end-user and internal facing technical documentation/runbooks about the systems you manage
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Mentor and train service desk technicians to provide a guiding hand.
- Participate in the Blink IT on-call rotation
- Duties will be focused on Systems administration while providing backup to your network engineering colleagues
What You'll Need:
- Adhere to all Blink Health values, processes, policies, standards and procedures
- 5+ years of experience managing hybrid cloud systems environments
- Relevant industry certifications including
- Linux system administration
- Knowledge of enterprise systems technologies including:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)
- Previous experience with VMware or equivalent virtualization platform
- Strong understanding of system security requirements and best practices in a regulated environment (HIPAA, HITRUST, CIS benchmarks)
- Experience building internal processes and tools using open source solutions a plus (Nextcloud, SnipeIT, Netbox)
- Ability to analyze security incidents, and recommend appropriate measures to respond to security incident activity.
- Experience writing and documenting detailed project proposals
- Experience working with vendors to solve issues, project roadmaps, and implement improvements
- Ability to adapt and solve problems in a fast moving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to collaborate and work with others
- Previous experience in a healthcare or other similar regulated environment is a plus
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.