Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become.
Our DevOps engineering team designs and optimizes the cloud infrastructure, tools, and processes used by the entire engineering organization. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. This means relentlessly learning, maintaining innovation, and aggressively collaborating in a cross-functional team. Join us!
- Help set your own priorities and influence decision-making on all core cloud infrastructure and systems
- Combine knowledge of software development, IT, and security to make our platform more secure, resilient, and performant
- Proactively find ways to improve the observability and reliability of our systems
- Work with the engineering organization to identify and execute on workflow and tool improvements to boost productivity and remove headaches
- Provide mentorship, design and code reviews, and architecture recommendations for others on the infrastructure team and across the engineering org as a whole
Success in this role requires
- Leading the charge on improving the developer experience through the use of modern technologies and innovative uses of open source tooling
- A security-focused approach, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, automated when possible, and improved when inadequate
- Working with individuals spanning engineers, product, data, design, IT, and security
- An innate drive to improve and simplify existing systems and processes while developing end-to-end designs to facilitate our critical platform services
- Constant learning and staying on top of industry trends related to cloud operations and DevOps technologies
- Digging deep into problems you haven't solved before on systems with which you may not be familiar
- Documenting everything, understanding why documentation is important, and ensuring proper tracking of issues and/or architecture design changes
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
5+ years required in these crucial categories:
- Methodical, efficient troubleshooting
- You look at the entire stack to find the needle
- You are a command-line connoisseur, linux expert, and know your networking stack
- You understand multiple programming/scripting languages and can help troubleshoot anywhere in the stack (Python, Bash, ReactJS, etc)
- Cloud platforms
- You have a high level of skill with managed services offered by various cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) - AWS preferred
- Disciplined coding in an agile environment
- You're well versed in breaking features into tickets, then scoping and working those tickets from PR to release. We organize around projects and use Kanban.
- CI/CD services
- You can design and implement a full release pipeline including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, and automatic rollback. We use GitHub Actions, Poetry, Helm, and Serverless Framework.
- Infrastructure as Code
- You can design and implement an IaC codebase that builds an entire company's cloud resources (Pulumi, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc). We use Terraform, Atlantis, and Terragrunt.
- Containerization and container orchestration
- You have a deep understanding of the full stack of abstractions provided by modern container orchestration platforms such as Apache Mesos and Docker Swarm. We use Kubernetes.
- You understand concepts like service meshes, dynamic configuration, container scanning, and secrets management that are required to make a microservices environment successful and secure. We leverage Hashicorp technologies.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.