Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
As the Manager, Data Engineering (Business Intelligence), you will be responsible for building the team, hiring, mentoring, and promoting a world-class data team. You are a thought leader within data engineering, leading design, modeling, architecture. You work collaboratively with Finance, Marketing, Product teams to provide well-thought out and reliable data models in support of analytics and data science. Your team’s output empowers the wider organization to use and understand the data assets we have. You are responsible to develop and maintain data products and infrastructure including budgeting and utilization. You will proactively assess production DW support trends to determine and implement short- and long-term solutions, and be able to design for data security, integrity, availability, usefulness across the organization and intelligence. You will set a high bar for clean, efficient processing, best practice standards, and performing peer code and architecture review.
- You have 4+ years hands-on management experience. You have a track record of building high performance teams with strong ownership and accountability.
- You have demonstrated technical strength with:
- Writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries and Python scripts across large data sets,
- Creating dimensional data models to represent business analytics development
- Integration and design for Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, QuickSight)
- Designing and maintaining columnar databases
- You have strong experience with data modeling and architecture, ETL in a heterogeneous environment of multiple data stores, combining internal and partner data.
- You are comfortable managing and executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish, including project ownership, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and effectively communicating insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- You have worked and collaborated effectively with data engineers, analysts and data scientists to deliver scalable data infrastructure.
- You have experience working alongside business users to gather requirements and manage scope including timelines, resources and feasibility of tasks.
- You are confident in your ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- You are passionate about promoting data literacy across the organization through training, documentation and promoting best practices.
- Degree in quantitative field preferred.
- HIPAA or healthcare-relevant company experience as part of the required experience above, with demonstrated industry knowledge of handling sensitive information.
- Experience with AWS specific technologies: Redshift, EC2, Athena, Glue, etc.
- Excited about joining a close-knit team, passionate about data!
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.