Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
This position is Remote First and requires proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
The Blend Close & Title team is reimagining the experience for the final step of buying a home, the closing ceremony. Historically this involves a large number of emails or phone calls between the buyer and title company, meeting a notary in person on your closing day, and reviewing and signing a large amount of documents with a notary. The Blend Close & Title team is transforming this process for the better through online scheduling, e-signatures, document guidance, and remote interactions with a notary. This is a unique opportunity to build a unique and transformational product, service, and business leveraging the amazing foundation of Blend’s existing product and relationships.
We’re looking for a leader whose curiosity and drive will propel this next generation experience—and most importantly, grow and nurture the team and collaborative practice that will get us there.
As the Product Design Manager, Digital Close & Title, you will be responsible for setting the vision for a wide and expanding portfolio of experiences, and managing a talented team to bring industry defining features and products to life. You will join the design leadership team leading a business unit and reporting directly to the Head of Design, and will play a critical role in shaping the product design culture at Blend.
Design leaders at Blend are fierce advocates for the people who use Blend’s products as well as the members of their teams. They enjoy creative problem-solving, have a practiced eye for effective design, can critically balance business goals with user goals, and lead by example and inspire their team to create elegant experiences for even the most complex problems.
How you’ll contribute:
- Shape the product strategy and quarterly roadmaps by becoming a trusted strategic partner for your product, engineering, and go to market counterparts teams.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of Product Designers; lead through ambiguity with creative problem solving that addresses user and business needs.
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where designers are inspired, feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, and are motivated to grow in their careers.
- Foster a strong, collaborative design practice and play a critical role in shaping the broader design team culture.
- Partner with the customer facing and research teams to create a continuous cycle of feedback from consumers, lenders, notaries, title agents and other personas and incorporate the feedback when setting the design vision.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years managing a team of Product Designers and inspiring them to do their best work.
- You have 7+ years experience in Product Design.
- You have experience developing designers at all stages in their career.
- You are strong in design craft and care deeply about the details of visual and interaction design.
- You are a storyteller at heart, with demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and make complex concepts easy to understand.
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of our customers needs and what could be, and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts a moment in time.
- You are experienced at driving alignment with product and engineering, to stay customer-focused and have influenced the product strategy and roadmap.
- You can communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- You evangelize the purpose and value of design within the product development lifecycle - you have a track record of growing the impact of design in your organization.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to your portfolio (even if it consists of or includes work done by your team)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Bi-Weekly remote all hands