BitGo is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineers to join our team and help us build new features and applications. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Design and build strong, resilient, performant, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to power our trading platform
- Coding in Golang
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and product managers to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Experience with Golang or similar backend languages like Java, C++, Python, etc.
- Experience building trading systems, risk engines, or similar order placement systems
- Experience with SQL databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Confident with RESTful API design
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline
- Strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Excellence in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Understanding of and experience working in the financial industry
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications with high performance requirements
- Familiarity with FIX
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to work full-stack and familiarity with React and GraphQL
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.