BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help bring our new Settlement product to life. As the most trusted name in digital assets, we are uniquely positioned to build a best-in-class Settlement product: BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions, including 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and our integrated platforms integrate with a number of leading exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world.
- Be a founding member of a newly created high visibility, high impact team
- Contribute to architecture design of a new product
- Build an extensible, maintainable codebase from the ground up
- Write stable, easy to use API contracts
- Participate in diligent code review and pair programming sessions with coworkers
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, as well as product and business teams to ensure alignment on the product mission
- Push engineering standards and best practices forward for the entire engineering organization and lead by example
Skills & Experience
Our vision is to deliver trust in digital assets. The Settlement team will establish much-needed bridges between clients and partners where counterparty risk, capital inefficiency, and manual processes have slowed progress towards meaningful institutional adoption. In other words, the product you are building will facilitate the next wave of institutional investment into digital assets, propelling the broader crypto and web3 ecosystems forward.
As a founding member of the Settlement team, you’ll be tasked with shaping and delivering both the APIs and user interface that serve our clients and partners. We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship.
- At least 4 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Strong experience with server-side languages like TypeScript, Rust, Golang, C/C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Will be working in Typescript
- Strong experience with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL
- Confident with RESTful API design
- Ability to work independently and unblock oneself in an ever-changing environment
- Strong experience with code review and an attention to detail
- Ability to debug issues and identify solutions quickly
- Experience interacting with and designing microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Ability to work full-stack and familiarity with React
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications
- Interest in/familiarity with the digital asset industry
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
This role can be worked remotely from anywhere within the United States.
Why join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Blockchain technology is redefining the financial services and internet landscapes. Join us and be a part of the team building the financial infrastructure of the future.