Chief Legal Counsel, BitGo Trust Company
We are looking for a highly qualified Chief Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will be responsible to manage and supervise a team of legal professionals, and to assure the Trust Company and its affiliates are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and provide legal advice to management on all relevant matters. Per the job location, this role is open to qualified candidates in both the New York and San Francisco Bay areas.
- Provide legal counsel and support on a broad range of legal matters involving federal and state laws that apply to a national trust bank exercising fiduciary responsibility, including banking regulation and related matters.
- Provide counsel and support on matters relating to the ongoing activities of a national trust bank that could present operational risks affecting the safety and soundness of fiduciary activities.
- Provide drafting support and legal advice on contract negotiations and transactional activity.
- Advise on consumer protection and customer complaint resolution.
- Provide relevant advice on a variety of legal matters relating to Trust Company matters and affiliates and digital assets generally.
- Provide expertise with respect to legislation, and litigation matters.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by assisting in the design of company policies and procedures.
- Communicating with and managing third party relationships, including external counsel and auditors.
- Staying current with changes to legislation and rules and regulations that directly affect the banking and digital asset industries.
- Sound knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Interest in cryptocurrency and fintech innovation
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role.