TITLE : Full Stack Developer, SSE
Experience : 6 – 8 years
DEPARTMENT : Innovation Technology
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Innovation Technology (IT) group works on creating applications that wow our clients and (internal/external) business partners. Geographically spread across multiple offices, the IT group works seamlessly as a single unit to deliver applications and services to our business on a 24X7 basis.
The Senior Software Engineering will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the software development lifecycle through planning, programming, testing, and delivering quality software for one or more teams within a product.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Collaborate regularly and effectively with product owners, engineers, architects, and product design to understand requirements, implement solutions, and evaluate success.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed work with product owners, architects, and designers.
- Demonstrate general knowledge all products and the platform and how they fit into the overall system.
- Provide technical expertise while planning to help clarify requirements, plan out potential implementations, and measure success.
- Support the team(s) in delivering quality features, debugging, and incident responses.
- Work with the product leadership team to define goals with measurable key performance indicators.
- Lead the team(s) in defining, documenting, and evolving best practices.
- Seek and be receptive to feedback and coaching from the team(s).
- Hands-on experience with building world-class web applications, especially single-page apps
- Offers demos, code reviews, and recommendations to help the team and others be more productive and deliver a better product
- Advise and consult in hiring and advancement.
- Evaluate team members’ skills and provide resources for improvement.
- Set and strive toward reaching professional development goals.
- Adhere to and be an example of Berkadia values
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of coding in multiple languages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Expert in one or more areas of web, data, or systems programming.
- Understands design patterns, scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs.
- Strong knowledge of testing software from unit to integration testing as well as familiarity with TDD concepts.
- Proficiency delivering solutions in an Agile and Scrum based iterative delivery model.
- Collaborate effectively on projects with technical and non-technical team members.
- Help the teams by reducing technical Debt via constant code refactoring.
- Mentoring the project team with interpersonal communication, technical practices, etc.
- Experience with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Must be willing to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Strong leadership, time management, problem solving skills and resource administration.
- A strong desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Listens and values others’ input.
- Strong people orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in an environment with high degree of ambiguity (previous start-up like experience could be helpful)
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative and ownership.
- Effectively lead a team environment.
- Passionate, Self-motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail, action-and-results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem solving skills and reporting skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience with in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is an industry leading commercial real estate company providing comprehensive capital solutions and investment sales advisory and research services for multifamily and commercial properties. Berkadia is amongst the largest, highest rated and most respected primary, master and special servicers in the industry.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other status protected under the law.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. Our culture is driven by our core values: https://www.berkadia.com/about/vision-and-values.
To know more about Berkadia, please visit our website https://www.berkadia.com/aboutus/