Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on a self-organized Agile durable team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over automating the complex and love using creativity to eliminate toil, we’d like to talk to you.
What You'll Do
You’re going to scale and automate our world. You’ll be a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, and a contributing voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts. You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor systems that are both repeatable and reliable. You’ll lead the charge on the next evolution of how we measure and alert on overall system health. You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You'll Need
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve spent 2+ years as a software engineer with a passion for operations or a systems engineer with a passion for coding
- You have identified and solved scaling problems through application and infrastructure optimizations
- You have experience with instrumentation, metrics, and observability
- You have automated many manual processes
- You have knowledge and/or experience integrating on-premise with cloud-based data stores, tools and solutions
- You know CI/CD oriented build, test and release automation
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re familiar with RDBMS and data warehouse solutions and can troubleshoot performance problems
- You have a track record of identifying problems, distilling the requirements for a solution, and getting buy in from stakeholders
- You’re passionate about overall product health, and leading your team to increase it
- You have experience with a containerization platform like Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker Swarm or Nomad
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have experience breaking down monolithic applications into microservices
- You have experience with real-time communications protocols such as SIP, RTP, or webRTC
- You have worked with Asterisk, Kamailio, or OpenSIPS.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.