Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As the Identity Product Manager at Bandwidth, you will be responsible for leading and driving the discovery, design, development, and delivery of new products and features. In this role, you’ll service both internal and external users, creating early product trials, conducting primary research to validate customer needs, and identify new market opportunities. You will create and maintain a long-term vision and lead a dedicated team of developers through executing and iterating to build and maintain it.
In this role, you will own and guide the evolution of our key customer access gateways. These include login, authentication, authorization, permissions, user management and access security. These apply to our customer web app as well as customer APIs. In addition to customers, the Identity services are also a main hub for internal developers who’s application rely on its accessibility and robustness. You will also lead and support a team of developers through executing on your roadmap.
The IDM Product Manager is part of the Customer Experience Foundation (CXF) team, newly launched at Bandwidth to drive the creation of best-in-class services for our customers and build innovative web and software foundations for delivery teams across Bandwidth as they build their application on top of them.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure that the Identity domain services are usable and friendly for customers as well as accessible internal teams who use and integrate them.
- Strive to keep improving the utility, performance and customer experience around Identity services.
- Lead market validation and customer discovery efforts for initiatives that cut across all product verticals and industry segments. Create, evangelize, and maintain the Identity roadmap.
- Evolve products and features based on metrics and documented evidence including customer feedback loops.
- Work with senior leadership to establish a steady flow of new technology (while maintaining existing infrastructure) and service opportunities through identifying use cases with customers.
- Work with teams across the company to build working prototypes or beta programs to test concepts and new technologies, then see them through to production-level software.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, legal, and information security teams to implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring an understanding of positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Occasional international travel may be involved.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management Role
- For this position, we’ll also consider candidates with 5+ years of Project Managers, Senior Developers or Architects with strong product skills who have worked on SaaS/Web apps and are looking to transition into product-focused roles.
- Experience in SaaS business delivery models
- Must work well in dynamic environments, where direction may pivot multiple times based on market feedback
- Must have experience working with software development teams, leading successful product launches and migrations
- Experience working directly with development teams to set, prioritize, and maintain a fully visible backlog
- Understanding of web apps and SaaS eco systems and underlying mechanics
- Familiarity with SaaS user management paradigms
- Basic familiarity with web app and API security mechanisms, vulnerabilities and threats
- Excellent written and verbal communications – You will be speaking as a thought leader with industry leaders and customers, as well as internal stakeholders
- Strong initiative and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of an organization, including major stakeholders
- Effective and energetic communicator
- Scrum or Agile certifications in a product management area are a plus
- Able to apply/support Agile methodologies in product manager role
- Basic understanding of web app security standard and practices
- Experience in telecom services and associated technologies are helpful for success in this role
- Ability to create wireframes and/or working prototypes. Ability to produce clear and concise presentations.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.