Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Systems Engineer you will be the face of the Corporate IT team in our Rochester office. This role will have a strong emphasis on customer service both internally and externally. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from supporting SaaS infrastructure, more traditional IT Systems Infrastructure and Directory Services, as well as supporting end users with day to day issues as needed. This position provides technical support for both hardware and software system administration to all Bandwidth employees and requires a background in system administration and experience with basic Network Management.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Strong advocate for quality coding and practices, proposes effective solutions to difficult or persistent problems.
- Consistently solve problems in a robust, scalable, and performant way.
- Assist Network Infrastructure team with Office WAN/LAN connectivity.
- Provide support to the internal helpdesk team and end users as needed.
- Maintain, and manage Virtual infrastructure (VMWare preferred).
- Use scripting to solve for automation, updating, or correcting other issues with systems or services.
- Maintain and troubleshoot IDaaS systems, including add/remove of applications and services.
- Assist with maintaining physical and virtual server OS and hardware, Windows, and Linux.
- Maintain file system and backup infrastructure, including backup policies, schedules, and testing DR restores.
- Assist with security patching, server hardening and incident remediation relating to systems infrastructure.
What You Need:
- Bachelors Degree
- Four years of IT experience
- Knowledge of SaaS, Active Directory, Virtualization, Backup Management, Network+, and Switching/Routing.
- Active Directory administration experience.
- IDaaS systems experience.
- SaaS administration and integration experience.
- Powershell and CLI experience .
- Knowledge of CCNA, VoIP/Telcom, SaaS, Okta, JAMF, Jira, IDM, VMWare, Linux, Bash, or ASA.
- Docker or API experience.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.