Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Front-End) who has an eye for a great user experience and is experienced in building data-driven web applications. We’re seeking somebody who loves building web applications and is passionate about web technologies. If your idea of fun is working on a cool web application side project or learning a new development language, we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be a member of our front-end software development team, collaborating closely with several other teams including design, authentication, and our global counterparts to build compelling user experiences that our customers depend on. With a growing team and multiple educational platforms you’ll also have ample opportunity for mentorship while developing your own leadership. We’ll count on you to think critically about what we’re building and how we’re building it while taking advantage of opportunities to own projects and architect new solutions.
What You Need:
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You’re a great communicator and can explain complex concepts in ways anyone can understand.
- You have a breadth of browser specific knowledge including html, css, and events
- You’ve consumed APIs while building front-end applications
- You’re passionate about writing testable code using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Cypress
- You’re familiar with debugging web applications using Chrome developer tools
- Continuous education is important to you, and you regularly keep up with and implement the latest web technologies.
Wow, it would also be really great if:
- You’re familiar with GitHub actions and can write workflows for automation.
- You’re comfortable working in AWS
- You have experience working with GraphQL
- You know your way around Typescript
- Accessibility is important to you, and you know accessible best practices in semantic HTML
- You have experience using React Testing Library
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.