Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Bandwidth seeks an experienced communications Regulatory & Policy Attorney in the United States to support Bandwidth’s global growth. Reporting to our Head of Global Regulatory and Policy Affairs, this position will have an important impact for our expanding legal team and across Bandwidth’s business units. We are looking for a self-motivated experienced team member who wants to work with a dynamic, fast-paced, global technology company and find creative solutions to complex and rapidly evolving communication issues.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you will work closely with Bandwidth’s Legal team and other Bandwidth team members to help support and drive our growth. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of communications regulatory and public policy initiatives. You will coordinate cross-functionally with various internal teams to develop and refine policies, practices, and procedures that aim to ensure regulatory compliance and help support Bandwidth’s advocacy efforts.
- Providing regulatory legal advice and support across the business to help enable profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and ensuring adherence to critical communications laws and regulations.
- Supporting business teams to manage a wide range of customer and vendor relationships, including operational traffic management needs like network security.
- Partner with product development and product management stakeholders to understand and advise on regulatory requirements and considerations for new and existing products and business operations related to key opportunities and initiatives.
- Support Tax and Finance team members with relevant legal and regulatory considerations for the company’s products and services.
Opportunities for growth and development will include matters such as:
- Engagement in Bandwidth’s public policy advocacy efforts at the FCC and throughout the industry on issues related to telephone number administration, CPaaS and VoIP services, Intercarrier traffic exchange, 911 calling and SMS/MMS services.
- Support Bandwidth’s go-to-market strategies by providing guidance on regulatory and policy matters.
- Assist a wide range of internal clients in the development of strategies and solution initiatives, and advise on important new regulatory developments to ensure consistent alignment across diverse client groups.
What You Need:
- 5-10 years of relevant legal experience.
- JD from a top law school.
- Outstanding writing and oral communications skills.
- Admission to practice law.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, and provide top quality legal assistance and support to executive-level clients.
- Comfortable familiarity with the communications industry and Internet Protocol technologies.
- Collaborative work style and well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Ability to undertake large, long-term projects with creative approaches but successfully implementable solutions.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in decision making and problem solving.
- Detail-oriented approach needed to recommend and implement tactical and strategic improvements.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Desire for constant learning within a rapidly changing environment.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.