What We Do
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Developer (Developer Experience) who is passionate about empowering developers to successfully build applications with Bandwidth’s APIs. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker and never settles with the tools that they’re given. If your idea of fun is contributing to open source projects, creating software so you never need to do a task twice, or mentoring developers, we want to talk to you.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be writing code to automate our SDK generation, work with developers to understand their use cases, and use a metrics based approach to improve developer experience for Bandwidth’s customers.
- You’ll be a member of our Developer Experience team, working closely with our product, business, and software engineering teams to deliver world class developer experiences for our customers.
- You’ll collaborate with multiple teams to identify customer user cases, execute, and deliver SDKs and documentation to power them.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You'll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You have deep knowledge of at least one programming language
- You’ve built and documented REST APIs using OpenAPI, Swagger, or other specification languages
- You’ve consumed REST services in at least one production facing application
- You have experience using data such as google analytics to understand customer behaviors
- You have previously built automation tooling (bonus for using GitHub Actions)
- You are passionate about mentoring and communicating with developers
- Relentless optimism and customer focus
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You have a history of participating in the open source community, and your Github profile proves it
- You are an active contributor to at least one open source project
- You have experience working with communications APIs for sending texts and making phone calls
- You have experience working as a team lead or mentor of a development team
- Experience with the full SDLC from product inception to release
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance premiums. It’s pretty nice.
- When you’re on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No calls, texts, emails… Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There’s a locker room and cardio equipment on the first floor.