Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are a fast growing, innovative, technology company seeking an experienced Business Partner to work closely with 2-3 Departments and the Senior Leadership team. This will be a Director level role reporting to the VP, People Services. The Business Partner work with the People Services team to create strategic people development and cultural building programs that help employees succeed at work and at home. Staff planning, actual hands on recruiting involvement and guiding managers through the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding process is essential in this role. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in effectively coaching and developing managers and supporting the business at both a tactical and strategic level. A good understanding of compensation programs, career progression and salary administration programs is also important. Preference will be given to high energy, hands on individuals who can demonstrate creativity and the ability to inspire, motivate and influence.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains a strong partnership and relationship with team members to optimize the effectiveness of the organization. Serves as a liaison and advocate between the departments and People Services.
- Provides support in strategic development, long-range people development, department planning, staffing initiatives, talent management, compensation and rewards, organizational effectiveness, team development, employee relations, performance management, and recognition programs.
- Proactively assesses needs and identifies and implements tactical and strategic interventions and solutions.
- Ensures the efficient delivery of People programs by understanding department goals, and by coordinating People programs with the People Services functional areas and sites.
- Assists the Leadership team with headcount planning and hands on recruiting/coordination with other People Services team members.
- Partners with other Business Partners in building successful leadership development programs and rolls these out and manages them within departments.
- Interacts with, advises, and influences leadership, helping managers coach employees for development and performance purposes.
- Ensures effective People service delivery, coordinating with corporate and regional teams, particularly at sites without People Services on-site presence.
- Assists with conflict resolution and advises on employee relations issues and on the application of People policies, procedures and practices.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar concentration
- 8 - 10 years of human resources generalist experience
- Proven track record of progressive senior-level HR experience
- Hands-on technical recruiting experience and business coaching
- Expertise in change management and integration activities, employee relations, business coaching and organizational leadership and development
- Subject matter expertise in training and compensation/career progression programming
- Functional knowledge of business unit operations, structure and work processes. Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of human resources processes, procedures, and practices
- Working knowledge of equal employment principles, concepts and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and in a confidential manner
- Demonstrated ability to develop high credibility
- Ability to consult with and advise business unit managers and employees on their HR-related issues and to engage the appropriate internal or external resources in order to resolve problems or answer questions
- Ability to understand the business and issues relevant to the business segments supported
- Skilled in examining operations and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity. Competent in managing multiple projects simultaneously across diverse functions, sites, and countries
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Excellent computer, analytical, and organizational skills
- Work closely with others as part of a team while being able to take full responsibility for a task
- Leverage relationships and drive change
- Successfully deliver and implement organizational change initiatives.
- A positive attitude is a must!
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.