Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are currently searching for a Solutions Architect to help drive the planning, development, and launch of new initiatives within the Bandwidth Dashboard, our customer portal, and provisioning API suite. The successful applicant will be instrumental in providing interesting new capabilities to a collection of Internet companies that are exploiting the limits of interpersonal communications. This Solutions Architect fulfills a critical role as architect and designer of the various initiatives that comprise the Bandwidth Dashboard roadmap. He/she plays an integral role in project discovery and definition, as well as creating the epics and user stories for roadmap projects under his/her purview. Once an initiative is under development, the Solutions Architect works with the internal development teams to provide ongoing guidance, support, and direction as the initiative is driven to completion.
What You'll Do:
- Create the Epics and User Stories that drive new product capabilities, working closely with User Interface Designers and Agile development teams to create the systems that deliver competition-beating access and control of Bandwidth’s communication services.
- Provide ongoing guidance to the development teams, conveying the architectural vision and constraints during development.
- Develop product ideas into solutions that can be reviewed and validated with potential customers. Product concepts will include prototypes to demonstrate product capabilities, as well as concept-level strategy and technology descriptions.
- Drive the build vs. buy decisions as needed, and identify key technologies needed to deliver new products with each release.
- Participate actively in the Bandwidth Enterprise Architecture community, staying current with technologies and techniques that will move our business forward.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience working in software engineering, software architecture, or in a solutions architect role with large-scale projects.
- Bachelor degree (within an engineering or computer science discipline strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated skill in developing products with the customer or partner-facing APIs and with the Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model.
- Experience in providing effective leadership to developers through the creation of Agile backlog assets and ongoing day-to-day guidance, resulting in development outcomes steeped in productivity and fun
- Experience with telecommunications-involved software preferred
- A fearless, never-settle, attitude that will challenge the way we do things, and a refusal to accept the status quo. Make us even better than we are today!
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.