Be a part of critical work to improve the integration of data into all of AutoScout24’s teams efforts to develop innovative products and the understanding of their performance. The Data Platform Engineering Team hopes to welcome a team member to improve our data platform from ingestion through the development of data insights. The team is proud of our innovative data platform, but hope to add an engineer who is comfortable both ensuring reliability while helping to transform data in a format easily used by teams throughout AutoScout24.
At AutoScout24, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. Our organisation is, e.g. made up of more than 50+ different nationalities, all working together inclusively and respectfully.
What you’ll do
- Refine or develop tools to ingest data into the data platform, often focusing on sources to enrich data needed for KPI oversight
- Improve ETL processes for ease of use and efficiency
- Become an expert in AS24’s BI Tools to troubleshoot and maintain infrastructure as a code
- Perform tool administration like system upgrades, performance tuning, clustering, user management and data security
- Understand users’ requirements and create robust architecture (physical schema and logical data model)
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements for current and future projects.
- Perform analysis on user engagement with data platform tools, especially in creating means of evaluate its use over time
- Engage in all Data Platform Engineering team rituals and knowledge sharing sessions
What you should bring
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Math or in a comparable field
- 2+ years work experience
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka)
- Experience in Scala, SQL and/or Java
- Know-how of Linux, Shell, and DevOps tools
- Experience in developing visualizations and reporting with a strong understanding of the data format and structure to allow for their creation
- Insight into the infrastructure needed to support the availability of Business Intelligence tool
- Advanced understanding of ETL work, data modelling and resilient engineering
- Enjoyment of getting to the bottom of things and processing complex issues in a simple, understandable manner
- High degree of independence, structured way of thinking and a bias for action
- Motivation to impact company’s ability to extract value from data
- You collaborate in diverse and visionary teams and setting
- Business fluent English language skills, German speaking and writing skills are an advantage
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS, especially in data ingestion and computational work and the resources used to support the architecture and performance of BI Tools
AutoScout24 – Everything about cars
10 million users per month and more than 2.4 million vehicle offers – AutoScout24 is the largest online car marketplace in Europe. With a market presence in 18 countries and more than 55,000 associated dealers, AutoScout24 is represented in nearly all European markets.
AutoScout24 offers consumers, car dealers, and others in the automotive, finance and insurance industries a comprehensive platform for trading cars online. The marketplace comprises used and new cars, motorcycles, and utility vehicles.
We help people find the perfect car for them!
AutoScout24 offers benefits that allow our employees to work as freely and effectively as possible. We provide flexible office attendance and working hours, childcare, 30 days paid vacation, slick, modern offices to name a few. Our goal is to support you in doing your best work. Learn more about our unique, and meaningful benefits here.