Be part of two of AutoScout24’s teams that are shaping the company’s ability to leverage data and technology resources to improve our customer experience. This role is uniquely positioned with Data Platform Engineering and Data Science teams to bring our understanding of data infrastructure together with machine learning capabilities. You will have the opportunity to build and refine the services at the foundation of our Data Landscape along with those that directly impact our customers.
We welcome big data enthusiasts who have experience with key customer data and are driven by the desire to deliver an optimal user experience. You are also comfortable in sharing your knowledge of data engineering and data science-based technologies with other teams to help ensure the adoption of priority projects and their ultimate success.
We are looking forward to your application!
At AutoScout24 we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We know that mixed teams work more successfully. Our organisation is made up of more than 50+ different nationalities, all working together inclusively and respectfully.
- Contribute to the design and oversight of our data landscape, emphasizing reliability and efficiency along with opportunities for real-time processing
- Focus on integrating new solutions in into existing system architecture
- Develop resilient solutions to store, ingest, process and analyze high volumes of data from different sources
- Collaborate on the delivery of data, and its transformation, to efficiently contribute to company data models
- Adopt a consulting and coaching mindset to best support data stakeholders in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Collaborate with tech leads and engineering managers to align on architectural approaches in cross-functional settings
- Take over end-to-end ownership for projects, from data processing, to training, evaluating, to deploying and monitoring
- Understand business objectives and translate them into solutions that leverage data for machine learning along with KPI oversight
- Monitor data quality and work on feature engineering
- Automate data, model training and inference pipelines
- Define validation and monitoring strategies for data and ML models
- Several years (5+) of relevant work experience
- Business-proven hands-on experience in AWS or in a comparably robust cloud-based data platform
- Knowledge of Big Data technology and best practices for application
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, SQL and/or Java
- Hands on experience building ETL pipelines
- Solid experience in data modelling and resilient engineering
- Experience with data science and ML libraries
- First-hand experience in deploying, maintaining, and updating models in production is essential
- You collaborate in diverse and visionary teams and set-tings
- Strong communication skills
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- Data-driven mindset
- Passion to share knowledge and onboard new team members
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in large-scale projects with multiple stakeholder groups based on varying data sources and technology
- Understanding of technologies used to collect and transform consumer data
- Familiarity with complex software systems, microservice architectures, and real-time processing.
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or Pair Programming
We work with:
- AWS services (S3, Firehose, EMR, EC2, Glue, …)
- Big data technologies that include Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive and Kafka.
- Tensorflow and other ML libraries
- Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Google Tag Manager If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements - we value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements - we value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
AutoScout24 offers benefits that allow our employees to work as freely and effectively as possible. We provide flexible office attendance and working hours, childcare, 30 days paid vacation, slick, modern offices to name a few. Our goal is to support you in doing your best work. Learn more about our unique, and meaningful benefits here.