Be part of AutoScout24 Platform Engineering team. This is a key role within our Platform Engineering team and gives you the opportunity to build a world-class Data Landscape for AutoScout24. You will be involved in working with huge amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in the world. Help us shape and steer data drivenness within AutoScout24 by utilizing the transformative power of data technology.
At AutoScout24 we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. At AutoScout24 we welcome diversity as a strength. We know that mixed teams work more successfully. Our organisation is made up of more than 50 different nationalities, all working together inclusively and respectfully.
We are looking forward to your application!
- Being one of the contributors to our data lake and data platform
- Modelling and developing resilient solutions to store, ingest, process and analyze high volumes of data from different sources
- Adopting a consulting and coaching mindset to best support data stakeholders in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Constantly applying logical, analytical and critical thinking to Big Data, with a strong desire to learn about new trends and how to implement them
- Adept in agile environments, ready for frequent development cycles, continuous delivery, DevOps and DataOps work
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Math or in a comparative field
- 2+ years work experience
- Business-proven hands-on experience in AWS is a must
- Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka) knowledge is a plus
- Experience in Scala or SQL
- Know-how of Linux, Shell, and DevOps tools
- Solid experience in data modelling, resilient engineering
- You collaborate in diverse and visionary teams and settings
- Strong communication skills
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with complex software systems, MicroService architectures, MicroStrategy and in real-time processing.
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or Pair Programming
What we offer?
We support you to make your ideas a reality. At AutoScout24 we promise:
- An environment in which you can drive innovative ideas forward
- Targeted training and workshops that support you and your development, including English or German courses
- We offer best in class equipment
- Working hours as flexible as you are, including the option to work from your home office
- 30 days holidays
- A team that celebrates your shared successes, whether that’s spontaneously or at our legendary occasions such as our summer party or Oktoberfest, plus numerous team events all year round
- An attractive salary package and a range of personal benefits such as discounts from our partners, fresh fruit and free drinks
- Support in finding suitable child care and emergency childcare
- Sports courses, team runs, and discounts at the gym
- A dog-friendly office. (We like our four-legged friends – bring yours with you.)
AutoScout24 – Everything about cars
10 million users per month and more than 2.4 million vehicle offers – AutoScout24 is the largest online car marketplace in Europe. With a market presence in 18 countries and more than 55,000 associated dealers, AutoScout24 is represented in nearly all European markets.
AutoScout24 offers consumers, car dealers, and others in the automotive, finance and insurance industries a comprehensive platform for trading cars online. The marketplace comprises used and new cars, motorcycles, and utility vehicles.
We help people find the perfect car for them!