Who We Are
ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an ambitious and talented Corporate Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team. Within this role, you will be responsible for processing accounting transactions, preparing reconciliations, and compiling and analyzing financial reports. You will also maintain the integrity of the general ledger and provide general accounting support to the Controller. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited to support a growing finance team within a fast paced and collaborative culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month-end close as well as day-to-day accounting and reporting
- Manage credit and purchase card account activity and perform monthly reconciliations
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable process, including gathering approvals, investigating discrepancies, recording in accounting system and disbursing timely payments.
- Perform full cycle accounts receivable function, including credit/reference checks, invoicing, cash collections and monitoring of aging.
- Review employee expense reports, ensuring appropriate documentation and adherence to company policies.
- Prepare journal entries and underlying analysis to support the month-end close process
- Prepare various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements and/or requests for information from all business functions
- Work closely with the production department to assist with budgeting, cost projections and reporting.
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of annual 1099’s.
- Assist with any other ad hoc reports, analysis or analytics as needed.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years professional accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel and ERP systems
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a face paced environment, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent organizational, oral, planning and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and dependability
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.